Lauri here. Everyone knows that I enjoy baking. Actually cooking a meal – not so much. I love making fun birthday cakes for my kids. Each year for Christmas I usually make a homemade treat. Last year I made fudge – it was really good and super easy to make. I even incorporated chopped pecans and crushed pretzels into it.
This year I’m going back to cookies. I always use a mix of prepared ingredients and mix in homemade touches. One batch I just prepared was so easy, I had to share.
HOME MADE THIN MINTS
1 box of Nilla Wafers
1. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Do this in intervals of 15 seconds, stirring once the chocolate becomes soft. You don’t want to burn the chocolate.
2. Take Nilla wafers and dunk them into the melted chocolate.
3. When nicely covered, remove with a fork to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
4. Place on cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
5. Place into fridge to set.
Now, I just need to keep my family’s grubby hands off of them long enough to package up for gifts.
Happy Holidays!! Let us know if you try this recipe out or if you have other variations – we’d love to hear them!